Announcement

Collapse

2018 European GUA - Save the Date!

The European Graphic Users Association Conference is coming to Lisbon, Portugal, October 10-12, 2018. Returning for 2018 - GUA University classes which will allow you to enhance your skills and knowledge with in-depth hands on computer training. Registration will be opening soon! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and the website for the latest information https://www.guaconference.com/
See more
See less

Adobe installers - your chance to be heard!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe installers - your chance to be heard!

OK, talked to someone higher-up at Adobe at GraphExpo. Seems Adobe's taking a lot of heat about using their own Java installers for Mac and Windows (to provide the same installer UI across platforms), versus using the predominant Installer technology on the Mac (Apple Installer) and Windows (Microsoft Installer). It's trivial to use the OS installers to deploy Adobe apps - far less so with their own installers. I guess this has led to some internal struggle/debate over this issue and Adobe is looking for feedback from users.

Here's your chance to be heard. If you want Adobe to use the native installers (Apple/Microsoft) on their respective platforms, please post your name, company name, and how many licenses of Adobe Creative Suite you're responsible for. I'll pass this info on to Adobe in a couple of weeks...

i.e. Robert Hammen, Sells Printing Company, 25 seats, definitely want native OS installers (so I can use Apple Remote Desktop/Windows group policy et. al. to easily deploy the apps/updates).
    Sells Printing Company LLC
    New Berlin, WI 53151 USA
    --
    Prinergy 5.0.2.2
    InSite 6.0.2.7411

Re: Adobe installers - your chance to be heard!

Bernd Muellers, Frank Druck, Germany, 10 seats, definitely want native OS installers (so I can use Apple Remote Desktop).

Comment

Working...
    X