Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GUA Conference: What are you going to use the $3000 software credit for?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GUA Conference: What are you going to use the $3000 software credit for?

Me, I haven't decided. Just curious though.

jerry
    Jerry Axtell
    Prepress Manager

Panaprint, Inc
    Macon Ga 31216
    jaxtell@panaprint.com
    478-788-0676

Prinergy 6.1, InSite 6.7, Preps7, Archiver, Veripress, ImpoProof, Matchprint Epson 7900, Screen PTR 8600 (2).

Re: GUA Conference: What are you going to use the $3000 software credit for?

ColorFlow!
    Thomas R. Clifford, Jr.
    Graphic Users Association Past President
    | Preps 5 | twitter.com/tommytrc |

sigpic

Comment

Amen! Brother. That is going to be slick! Especially in v5.

jerry
      Jerry Axtell
      Prepress Manager

Panaprint, Inc
      Macon Ga 31216
      jaxtell@panaprint.com
      478-788-0676

Prinergy 6.1, InSite 6.7, Preps7, Archiver, Veripress, ImpoProof, Matchprint Epson 7900, Screen PTR 8600 (2).

Comment

I'm donating my $3000 to Kodak, so they can upgrade their email server from Lotus Notes. I also have a copy of Quark 4 laying around in good condition. In the area of canned goods, I have green beans and fruit cocktail with double the cherries. They are going to really love me.

Comment

Anyone happen to hear a price on ColorFlow?

Thanks,
          Eric
          Eric Biggins
          Digital Services
          The Sheridan Press
          Hanover, PA USA
          ebiggins@tsp.sheridan.com

Comment

I was told $3000. Not sure if thats offical but thats what I was told. - tc
            Thomas R. Clifford, Jr.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tclifford
              I was told $3000. Not sure if thats offical but thats what I was told. - tc
              How convenient is that...I didn't think you could purchase anything for less than $5,000! Now as long as it qualifies (didn't see it listed, probably because it hasn't been officially announced yet) and is available before the conference credit expires that will be perfect.

Thanks Tom,
              Eric
              Eric Biggins
              Digital Services
              The Sheridan Press
              Hanover, PA USA
              ebiggins@tsp.sheridan.com

Comment

I want Colorflow and the PDF/Illustrator Plugin!!!!! Both of which are pre-beta darn it.

We'll most likely get some refines engines or seat licenses, something boring like that. My bosses aren't to hip on "New" software. I always have to sneak in the beta and new versions without telling them.
                Last edited by mark_jetzer; 04-26-2008, 11:45 AM.
                Mark Jetzer
                GUA Board Member
                | Access Business Group / Amway| Ada MI | Prinergy 6.1
                , Magnus 800s, ThermoFlex Mid II
                Fiery XF/Epson7900 Inkjets,
                Preps 7, Pandora 4.0, InSite 6.5, RBA, APA, Storefront
                and the kitchen sink

Comment

I'm inclined to apply it to additional seats for Dashboard. That will pay for itself.

I'm sure ColorFlow isn't priced yet. They told me they haven't even worked out how existing advanced CM and Profile Wizard users will fit into the pricing scheme.
                  Jim Webber • Grand River Printing & Imaging • Detroit, Michigan
                  Prinergy 4.0.2.4 • InSite 5.0.5 • UpFront 4.0.4 • Preps 5.31

Comment

I talked with the product mamager about the ColorFlow $3K. He seemed confident that 3K will get you the software.... ~

we'll be watching - tc
                    Thomas R. Clifford, Jr.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tclifford
                      I talked with the product mamager about the ColorFlow $3K. He seemed confident that 3K will get you the software.... ~

we'll be watching - tc
                      Sorry Tom,

I misunderstood your first post. . . Colorflow is a cool product! I get annoyed when I hear Kodak calling it "color management for dummies," though. It makes it sound like something Microsoft would sell. Like "Dave" or something.

. . . I'll be watching along with you.
                      Jim Webber • Grand River Printing & Imaging • Detroit, Michigan
                      Prinergy 4.0.2.4 • InSite 5.0.5 • UpFront 4.0.4 • Preps 5.31

Comment

Originally posted by mark_jetzer
                        I want Colorflow and the PDF/Illustrator Plugin!!!!! Both of which are pre-beta darn it.
                        Well we need to give you some incentive to come to next year's conference so we can get Judi up on the stage dressed like Cleopatra or something :-). Maybe you can convince your boss to come as well so you can get both.

Comment

or Princess Leia Bikini? Now that would be huge! - tc
                          Thomas R. Clifford, Jr.

sigpic

Comment

Put Kevin Joyce in the Bikini.

(not)

Comment

3 Lane Press Attendees x $3K + additional $3K = RBA!

There seems to be something about this RBA thing that is all the rage. Can't wait to get automatin'.
                              Dan Emmons
                              Lead Prepress Tech
                              Villanti Printers
                              Milton, VT USA

Prinergy 6.1, ColorFlow 2.1, RBA, Preps 7, Insite 6.7, MAGNUS 800 w/MCU, KPS w/Epson 9900(x2), Xerox 1000

Comment

Working...
                              X