Announcement

Collapse

2018 European GUA - Save the Date!

The European Graphic Users Association Conference is coming to Lisbon, Portugal, October 10-12, 2018. Returning for 2018 - GUA University classes which will allow you to enhance your skills and knowledge with in-depth hands on computer training. Registration will be opening soon! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and the website for the latest information https://www.guaconference.com/
See more
See less

GUA Conference 2009 - Save The Date!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GUA Conference 2009 - Save The Date!

Get ready for the 2009 GUA Conference to be held at the Grande Lakes resort in sunny Orlando, Florida. (www.grandelakes.com)

It begins with two of the most respected names in hospitality on 500 tailored acres in the heart of a pristine nature preserve. Add a world-class spa, a Greg Norman Signature golf course and excellent meeting space just moments from all the excitement of Orlando and you have the Grande Lakes resort and the perfect site for the 2009 GUA Conference. Here the Ritz-Carlton and JW Marriott weave their refreshing luxury into one remarkable destination and offer it all to the GUA at the exceptional rate of just $179 per night.

This spectacular site will be our meeting home for the 2009 Graphic Users’ Association Conference from Sunday, May 17 to Wednesday, May 20, 2009.

Additional details to follow with early registration via mygua.org. For now...please mark these dates in your calendar and spread the word....let's reach our goal of 500 attendees next year.

If you have any ideas for content/sessions/presentations you would like to see in 2009, please contact me directly.
    Last edited by tclifford; 06-19-2008, 07:39 PM.
    Thomas R. Clifford, Jr.
    Graphic Users Association Past President
    | Preps 5 | twitter.com/tommytrc |

sigpic

Re: GUA Conference 2009 - Save The Date!

WooHoo, I plan on it. Time to start badgering the Boss. I got almost a year to wear him down. I'll have to bring my clubs, too.
    Mark Jetzer
    GUA Board Member
    | Access Business Group / Amway| Ada MI | Prinergy 6.1
    , Magnus 800s, ThermoFlex Mid II
    Fiery XF/Epson7900 Inkjets,
    Preps 7, Pandora 4.0, InSite 6.5, RBA, APA, Storefront
    and the kitchen sink

Comment

Tom,

Sounds great! Any chance you guys were able to work out a deal on extending the room rates again?

Thanks,
      Eric
      Eric Biggins
      Digital Services
      The Sheridan Press
      Hanover, PA USA
      ebiggins@tsp.sheridan.com

Comment

That's a great price for that hotel. Especially when it's our Victoria Day weekend. The time and price will be a good selling point to the Canuck bosses. Hopefully the long weekend flight prices won't kill us.

I'm assuming we're at the Marriott side? The conference facilities are better there.

Looking forward to it!
        Last edited by wendytf; 06-20-2008, 01:34 PM.

Comment

That is a very nice property, my wife worked there for 2 years when we lived in Orlando a few years ago. For $179 a night, the rooms have to be at the JW Marriott, right? I know the Ritz Carlton there is much more expensive. But that's a great place to have a conference.

I have to ask though, are you guys doing a tour of the places I've lived, this year Las Vegas, next year Orlando. I hope you really don't have a convention in Cincinnati, but Nashville isn't too bad, if you like country music (it's growing on me).
          Last edited by kcoffman; 06-20-2008, 01:34 PM.
          kenny coffman | prepress technician | Marshall & Bruce

kennyc@marbruco.com
          http://www.linkedin.com/in/krcoffman
          Facebook Profile

• Prinergy Powerpack - v4.1.2.6 • Preps • Pandora
          • Magnus 800 SCU • Integris 10600 • Kodak Proofing Software 3.3.0 & Matchprint Inkjet 9800 • Xserve G5
          • Cimex CimPack • Gerber Profile • Rumpus FTP Server

Comment

I'll ask

thomas

Originally posted by Eric Biggins
            Tom,

Sounds great! Any chance you guys were able to work out a deal on extending the room rates again?

Thanks,
            Eric
            Thomas R. Clifford, Jr.

sigpic

Comment

Okay heres the scoop....

The hotel will offer 3 days prior and 3 days after at the $179 rate based on availability. They have more hotel rooms to work with on the front end however.

We are also staying in both the JW and the Ritz. Its too early to be saying I want to stay at one over the other and people will be placed in one over the other based on length of stay, how nice they were at the executive bull pen and kick backs to the GUA president ~

Thats what I know - tc
              Thomas R. Clifford, Jr.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tclifford
                ...how nice they were at the executive bull pen and kick backs to the GUA president ~
                Tom, the cheque is in the mail.

Comment

Okay heres the scoop....

The hotel will offer 3 days prior and 3 days after at the $179 rate based on availability. They have more hotel rooms to work with on the front end however.

We are also staying in both the JW and the Ritz. Its too early to be saying I want to stay at one over the other and people will be placed in one over the other based on length of stay, how nice they were at the executive bull pen and kick backs to the GUA president ~
                  Tom,

Thanks for the feedback on the room rate extensions, that's great! You're always so fast to respond, and you're so very helpful, we are so lucky to have you on the forums, the GUA would not be the same with out you, you are the perfect GUA President...now which hotel do I get to stay in again?!!

-Eric
                  Eric Biggins
                  Digital Services
                  The Sheridan Press
                  Hanover, PA USA
                  ebiggins@tsp.sheridan.com

Comment

Okay heres the scoop....

Thats what I know - tc
                    That's amazing they'll do that coming up on the Memorial day weekend. I'm glad my wife knows management there, maybe I can get the inside push to get into a Ritz Carlton room or a suite @ the JW (since she's in management with Marriott). But I'm sure they'll put as many people as they can in a room at the JW Marriott. It has 1000 rooms (can't remember how many are suites) versus the 584 at the Ritz Carlton (which 122 are suites & Club Level rooms). But all the rooms are very nice, even just the executive suites at the JW are very nice. I've got to tour all the suites at the JW, and I'd kill to spend a night in the Presidential suite there, (though the President always stays at the Ritz) so why call it the Presidential.

I'm very excited about next year, there is alot of great places to visit in Orlando. The best part there is a gator in the lake at the Grande Lakes, so don't freak out and call the front desk about it : )

kennyc@marbruco.com
                    Facebook Profile

• Magnus 800 SCU • Integris 10600 • Kodak Proofing Software 3.3.0 & Matchprint Inkjet 9800 • Xserve G5

Comment

So Tom is the GUA planning on renting Disney World for an evening event? That would be sweet!

Andy
                      Andrew Oswood | IWCO Direct
                      andrew.oswood@iwco.com | 952-470-6504

Comment

I'm sorry but under the advisement of my lead counsel I'm not at liberty to talk about any evening. What I can tell without causing too much trouble is the fact we are not looking at any venues with a black eared rodent, but indeed we are looking as a more "Universal" approach.

Can't say more with out getting in trouble, but rest assured the entire board and Kodak team are hard at work...

Question while I have your ear. Would there be any disappointment if the GUA were to be held every year at the same time. not the same place, but same week or dates each year?

Discuss.... - tc

Originally posted by aoswood
                        So Tom is the GUA planning on renting Disney World for an evening event? That would be sweet!

Andy
                        Thomas R. Clifford, Jr.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aoswood

Andy
                          Or Universal Studios? I was almost quick enough.
                          Last edited by kcoffman; 06-20-2008, 06:20 PM.

kennyc@marbruco.com
                          Facebook Profile

Comment

Question while I have your ear. Would there be any disappointment if the GUA were to be held every year at the same time. not the same place, but same week or dates each year?

Discuss.... - tc
                            I would like to see it around the same time, but I could see where it could exclude people who's busy time may fall during that.

I would like to say I'm not wild about it being so close to Memorial Day like it will in next year. While I'd like to hang out in Orlando for awhile and go to the beach (Daytona or Cocoa Beach) & see friends, it's hard to do that around a holiday weekend with other employees taking off for the holiday. But it's also hard to leave Florida after living there for a couple years (until you see a hurricane again).

kennyc@marbruco.com
                            Facebook Profile

Comment

If you're going to hold the conference in warm-weather venues (Arizona, Nevada, Florida), I'd personally rather see it done when it's cold in a lot of the northern half of the continent.

Florida in May (heat and humidity) is not exactly my idea of fun.
                              Florida in February (not as hot and humid, much colder at home) sounds better to me.

If you're going to hold it in May I'd sooner it be in Vancouver, or Seattle, or somewhere. You'd probably get more Kodak participation then.

Just my 2 cents.

FWIW I can't get management to approve sending anyone to these anyway... they think they're just paying for a vacation for staff. Holding it at resorts doesn't help. And the way Kodak screws around with the discount (not publishing a list of applicable software to the discount) also doesn't help...
                              Sells Printing Company LLC
                              New Berlin, WI 53151 USA
                              --
                              Prinergy 5.0.2.2
                              InSite 6.0.2.7411

Comment

Working...
                              X