Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GUA-U - GUA University

Calling all Cars... We need your input

As in past GUA conferences, the Board along with Kodak has set aside time and rooms with computers to have onsite training. The RBA training has been an overwhelming success.

We want to expand this to more topics and more people... and call it GUAU

Some ideas:
    • Colorflow
    • Job info sheets in InSite
    • Prinergy for System Admin's
    These are just a few of the many you will come up with... Use this thread to hit me with your ideas we as we build this learning portion of the conference.

What do you think?
    Thomas R. Clifford, Jr.
    Graphic Users Association Past President
    | Preps 5 | twitter.com/tommytrc |

sigpic

Re: GUA-U - GUA University

I love the idea, and would like to see maybe RBA training broken into different sections as to focus on certain style rules and such.

Sign me up for ColorFlow now tho ok?
    Norm Loewen
    Original Smith Printing

Comment

Did you invent sliced bread too? Great Idea. I have always wanted to do Info Sheets but never could find enough information to do it.

I'd add APA to the list and possibly getting the most out of the Acrobat plugins like Trapper, Merge and Compare, Plate Builder, DotShop. I use them all, but I know I'm not using them to the fullest.
      Mark Jetzer
      GUA Board Member
      | Access Business Group / Amway| Ada MI | Prinergy 6.1
      , Magnus 800s, ThermoFlex Mid II
      Fiery XF/Epson7900 Inkjets,
      Preps 7, Pandora 4.0, InSite 6.5, RBA, APA, Storefront
      and the kitchen sink

Comment

Yes, APA would be a great subject!!! We use it in simple form, but I'm sure there are more creative ways to get more from it!!
        Prinergy Connect 5.1.2.2
        Magnus 400
        InSite

Comment

APA, maybe smart hot folders? Could we have a non-RBA automation class? Great ideas, keep em coming.

tc
          Thomas R. Clifford, Jr.

sigpic

Comment

So far, the automation I've used has been a combination of things - hotfolders, APA, RBA. This way I have some flexibility when files are supplied in different manors. If I get native files, I can start with adding Input file manually when I create it. Or, if print-ready pdf is supplied, I can, or CSR can drop it into a hotfolder and start the process there. Then, depending on whether this is repetitive work or not, some jobs are set up to go right to proof, while others are holding for further actions - QC, Customer OK, etc. Basically, it's an automation linkage that can be continuous from beginning to end, or, started or held at any point.

Certainly would love to learn more about ways to vary or extend the links.
            Prinergy Connect 5.1.2.2
            Magnus 400
            InSite

Comment

An APA class would be greatly appreciated!
              Karen Nielsen
              Prinergy 5.1
              RBA
              InSite 6

Comment

Great idea! Whats available after the conference? Anyone webexing RBA lessons? sign me up.

CD
                Last edited by PrepressCD; 08-13-2008, 11:06 PM.

Comment

What do you mean by Prinergy for system admins? This sounds like prinergy class for people who are already Windows Admins. Shouldn't there be a Windows admin class for prinergy users that want to admin the system?

Comment

I was thinking about some sort of workshop on how to set up tertiary servers. How often to reboot, memory to JTP allotment. Some harder core things then maybe even the better Apps people know. There has to be things that windows types can learn about the finer points of prinergy systems and how to keep it running as smooth as possible.

Originally posted by rdarnell
                    What do you mean by Prinergy for system admins? This sounds like prinergy class for people who are already Windows Admins. Shouldn't there be a Windows admin class for prinergy users that want to admin the system?
                    Thomas R. Clifford, Jr.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tclifford
                      I was thinking about some sort of workshop on how to set up tertiary servers. How often to reboot, memory to JTP allotment. Some harder core things then maybe even the better Apps people know. There has to be things that windows types can learn about the finer points of prinergy systems and how to keep it running as smooth as possible.
                      well, from what i have read here, lots of people struggle with system stability. also i suspect many people would benefit from a security overview / perspective, afp vs. smb discussions, tools for handling mac vs. pc files (i.e. robocopy), etc.
                      John Henderson | The Bureau | Digital Print Forums | Nexpress Forums

Comment

I love the idea! On the Colorflow topic - how about how to match color from conventional press to NexPress? Or how to streamline workflow to digital press and conventional press using Printegy?

Patti

Comment

Working...
                        X