Announcement

Collapse

2018 European GUA - Save the Date!

The European Graphic Users Association Conference is coming to Lisbon, Portugal, October 10-12, 2018. Returning for 2018 - GUA University classes which will allow you to enhance your skills and knowledge with in-depth hands on computer training. Registration will be opening soon! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and the website for the latest information https://www.guaconference.com/
See more
See less

Need help on Prinergy.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on Prinergy.

So, we are trying to work out a workflow, it is like, when a prepress man creates a pdf file, and save it to a hot folder, the Prinery will send out a email to our CSR a file link, it allows our CSR to send this link to customer, and let customer to check out the file for proofing..

Anyone have idea about this? thanks.

Re: Need help on Prinergy.

Insite Prepress Portal will save you a world of pain.

Am I right people?
    Allan
    Allan Larson
    Senior Demonstrator
    Graphic Communications Group
    Kodak

Comment

Yup, sounds like InSite all the way, or a lot of custom development

Comment

Originally posted by allan.larson View Post
        Insite Prepress Portal will save you a world of pain.

Am I right people?
        Allan
        I understand, but , seems our prepress guy prefer to stick with prinergy, so, I am wondering any way to use RBA to make this function happen in prinergy?

refine files---> email CRS an url

the URL will allow customer to double check the refined files.

Comment

In order to post a URL, there needs to be a web server running. And Prinergy needs to track what the customer does (reject, accept, download, upload etc.)

RBA is the automation tool that bridges this web experience to Prinergy. The confusion would pile up pretty quickly as tracking how they respond to that file needs to go somewhere.

Oracle inside Prinergy and InSite along with the triggers of RBA between them are things that took a team of engineers years to get kinks worked out. (Just a couple tweaks left )

To make a business case for InSite, what is the opportunity cost in downtime before you could roll something like this out and what would it cost you to build this code? How scalable would it allow you as you grow?

Having said all this, I am sure the last Space Shuttle had some RBA going in order for the guy to Twitter from the Canadarm while fixing the Hubble. Those GUA folks are going to be brimming with new ways to use code to do stuff that people used to do, so stay tuned.

Allan
          Allan Larson
          Senior Demonstrator
          Graphic Communications Group
          Kodak

Comment

I asked this as a feature request - when a page is refined successfully that there is an action in RBA that enables a url to be used ie added to an email. We intend to use that url for a number of internal purposes. Kodak understood the reasoning, and thought it sounded a good idea. Didn't say when it would be added, but if you don't ask you don't get.

Comment

Working...
            X