Pantone Plus Colors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pantone Plus Colors

I noticed that Quark 8.5 updater adds the new Pantone Plus color library. I don't see that the new colors are supported by Prinergy. Is there a new color library available?

Re: Pantone Plus Colors

i just can add some customer Info:

Seems to be that the new Pantone Plus has got a new numbering system.
    Eg Pantone 150 U (old PMS) was orange but Pantone PLUS 150 U seems to be dark green!
    What is pantone planning?

I couldn´t find any library files on eCentral for Prinergy, either.
    Are there some news – somewhere?
    with best reguards,
    Markus Schaber

phone: +43(0)662/ 882393-20 | fax: +43(0)662/ 882333-20
    email: admin@colordruck.at | data: www.colordruck.at/datenserver | web: www.colordruck.at
    Colordruck Helminger & Co., GmbH | Vogelweiderstrasse 116 | 5020 Salzburg
    | AUSTRIA

Prinergy v5.1.2.2 | Preps 5.3.3 and 6.1 | Magnus 800 V | brisque v5.1 | iQsmart3 | MonoscanL

Comment

I contacted Kodak and they told me the Pantone Plus colors would be available in the Prinergy upgrade, which is currently in Beta testing.

I used the Color Editor and plugged in the cmyk build from Quark8 for the color build in Prinergy. This is our current work-around.

Our pressmen hate the new color books, as do many others, because the number are not concurrent. The color number has to be looked up in an index.

Comment

Uuuups

Our Customer bought the new Pantone PLUS CMYK color-guide! This CMYK guides have a different numbering system: The correct color number in this new guide is Pantone P 150-16 C or U which is the similar to the old 357 C / U in the Pantone Solid Coated/Uncoated (the old guide) and in the Pantone PLUS Solid Coated/Uncoated (the new Plus guides).

So there ist only the question:
        When do we get the library-files for the new Pantone Color Bridge Coated/Uncoated guides or for the Pantone Formular Guide Solid Coated/Uncoated (all PLUS Series) for Prinergy4/5?

They made 224 additional colors in those guides!
        It´s a lot of work to add them manually into the color-Editor
        Last edited by admin2; 03-28-2011, 09:33 AM.
        with best reguards,
        Markus Schaber

phone: +43(0)662/ 882393-20 | fax: +43(0)662/ 882333-20
        email: admin@colordruck.at | data: www.colordruck.at/datenserver | web: www.colordruck.at
        Colordruck Helminger & Co., GmbH | Vogelweiderstrasse 116 | 5020 Salzburg
        | AUSTRIA

Prinergy v5.1.2.2 | Preps 5.3.3 and 6.1 | Magnus 800 V | brisque v5.1 | iQsmart3 | MonoscanL

Comment

Working...
        X