RBA training??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBA training??

Does anyone know a good resource (or company) for Intermediate and Advanced RBA training? I've downloaded and completed both Kodak self-trainers, but they don't even begin to address some of the questions that I have about process.

The online help is just a list of functions with limited descriptions about what they do. I've spend the past couple years struggling along, finding most of my answers through trial and error or tech support calls. I don't even want to go into my opinions about the new variable functions. <sigh>

I really believe Kodak is keeping everything purposefully vague, so they can sell "custom" solutions to us that if we had decent training, we would be able to figure out for ourselves.

Thanks in advance!
    Prinergy v7.0.0 with RBA, Colorflow Pro, Preps 7.1.3

Client:
    Asus Laptop Intel Core i7-3610QM @ 2.30GHz; 16GB RAM; Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Server:
    Dell PowerEdge R720

Re: RBA training??

I've experienced the same. The best I have found is this forum or trial and error. There were classes at some of the conferences - I've never attended any and not sure if they still have them. What are some of the things that you are trying to accomplish? I've created quite a few RBAs so maybe with a slight adjustment they would work for you.

Comment

Basic flows are easy, it's when you need to get a bit more complicated that things get "interesting".

Right now, I'm trying to figure out a way to just output the separation colors that are specified in an incoming XML document. We get quite a bit of artwork from outside vendors that some of our customers use and struggle with extra color seps that are "blank". Through the item templates from our ordering systems, the colors that are supposed to be in the file are specified in the XML presented to Prinergy to make the plating job orders.

Currently, using a filter, I've been able to remove colors we know we don't want, i.e. our internal order record key, various FPOs, etc... But, if a file has an empty Black sep, I can't set the filter to not select Black because other customer work might require it. With the amount of orders we send to plate daily, an operator is still required to look at the plate setters queues and remove un-needed seps, which a waste of time.

We have gone back to the vendors, but most have been less than responsive, since we are not really their customer.

So, I've been trying to find a way to set the flow to just get the spec'd colors, but it has not been easy.
      Prinergy v7.0.0 with RBA, Colorflow Pro, Preps 7.1.3

Client:
      Asus Laptop Intel Core i7-3610QM @ 2.30GHz; 16GB RAM; Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Server:
      Dell PowerEdge R720

Comment

Have you tried reading the xml and then setting up a table of values for your output referencing the xml data?

Comment

Can you show us an example?
          An XML and The RBA you are trying to use?
          I'm wondering if some sort of schema might be needed?
          Rick Barnes
          Technical Projects Manager
          SF Taylor
          Stockport, UK

Comment

Working...
          X