IPP: New password required when login first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPP: New password required when login first time

Due to security reason Kodak changed the behavior of prompting users who login for the first time to enter a new password.
    The start page changes with the addition "change password", but most of the user do not recognize this and so they fail to login!
    I'm fine with the new security requirements, but the way user get the invitation to create a new password is not very clear!
    User should be able to login to IPP and then there should be a new page/popup window to define a new password.
    Ruediger Braendle
    Konradin Druck, Germany

Insite - Prinergy Magnus VLF

I concur. I raised a similar request with Kodak

When user is asked to set new password at login page, only a text string appears and in many cases missed by user. We experience a high volume of calls from customers requiring assistance just to get new password set. This process in our opinion is poor user experience (UX). We believe a pop up would be more appropriate. The popup should also not ask the user to enter their username and password for a second time. [Reported to Micheal B and Steve Miller, Round table discussion GUA Berlin]
    Richard Smiles - Technical Manager (Pre-press)
    Prinergy PowerPack 8.0.0.666
    InSite Prepress Portal 8.0.1.102
    Spotless Software 2.1
    ORIS CTW 3.1.1
    ORIS FPW 3.1.1

Comment

Bump. We get a ton of calls regarding logins. We have it spelled out exactly what users should do and no one reads it. The new user login should be easier.
      Robert Wolfe

Prinergy 5.1.2.1.4 | KPS 4.2.1.94

Comment

Working...
      X